Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I Love Painting
















I started painting I think it was about the year 2000, I taught myself, just by looking at other paintings and practicing.....a lot! I use acrylics, sometimes fancy artists acrylics, sometimes just craft paint. I love doing florals the best but I also love seascapes and landscapes. I might possibly venture into portraits someday too. I used to draw, usually in pencil, it's easiest to shade, all the time when I was younger, and just decided I wanted to paint. I wanted my colors in paintings to match my decorating, so I just did it myself! :O) It is very relaxing and fun.
The artists Andrea Dern and Christie Repasy are my favorites, love their style. I have used some of their paintings for inspiration.

The last painting on the bottom right is my favorite of all, I have it above my entertainment center in the living room. It's hard to see but the background is a soft blue, with white swirly wispys almost like clouds. The ship picture is a remake of a small one my Hubby bought at walmart and he has in his den, I copied it so I could put one in our living room.
The top one on the blue wall is in our bedroom, one of my firsts, along with the all white roses. See that gorgeous robin's egg blue wall? That is the color of our bedroom, I love that color so much, turquoise and pink are my favorite colors, and sometime this summer I am painting the living and dining room a lighter shade of that color, I can't wait, but more about that at a later time.
So anyhow those are some of my paintings, I just love flowers, and colors like pink, turquoise, white and green, with touches of pinky red and brown mixed in, those colors make me happy!
Oh, by the way, sometime in the future, maybe in the summer, I will be making paintings to sell on ebay, I figured why not give it a shot??!! I will let you know when I do. I am just hoping people will like them and buy them!
















2 comments:

Lea said...

YOU DID IT!!!! I'm so happy :) I always thought you should show off your talented ways!! The paintings are gorgeous, girl. Keep on creating, I can't wait to see what's next.
Lea :)

Erin D. said...

Oh thanks so much Lea! :O)

You are so talented too, I am impressed! Everyone should see your blog too!

Hugs!