Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rick rack on a photo frame and a pretty corner

Hi, I am taking you on a tour of one corner of my living room, the other corner is for another time! :O)
Above is my corner shelf, I painted it white of course, years ago, I have family pictures on it in those little rhinestone frames that I got of all places the dollar store! The little box on the bottom I covered with paper from the inside of Cath Kidston's Vintage Style book, it is a picture of her fabric, I just ripped out the two pages and hot glued them on the box. On the top is a painting of red roses I painted, a close up is on another post below, as you can see I changed a few things there, always moving things around, lol! Love the jar of rickrack and ribbons.



Below is a close up of my scrolly mirror, has a shelf to match you will see in a pic below. Love my Holy cards and little umbrellas, flowers and butterfly, I put those everywhere I am obsessed with them! The mirror and shelf originally were painted gold but I painted them white. I have a habit of doing that. ;O)



Here below is a close up of that corner, this pic was supposed to be first, but I screwed up, Doh!
The entertainment center is realllllly old, I painted that white too because it was just that paper fake wood laminate, really ugly, looks better white. And I put on the clear vintage glass look handles on the bottom to make it look a little spiffier (is that a word? Well it is now!) They are also on that table below the mirror, which is actually a nightstand, uh, yes...painted white. :OP




Ok, moving right along, and we're walking, we're walking....lol..... Here is a close up of the top of the entertainment center.....
The birdie runner/tea towl is vintage, I added the rick rack to it. I am going to make a new embroidered runner for there (with rick rack of course) I just haven't decided what pattern to embroider yet.

And this is the photo frame I redid. It was plain wood and I painted it light turquoise and put pink baby rick rack (love) around the center, and then a bouquet of vintage flowers (love too sigh) with a rick rack bow. I just love how it turned out, in it is a picture of my Hubby and I dancing at our wedding, so romantic, we both loved that moment and remember it, this is our favorite picture. And yes, I am actually a brunette, shhhhh don't tell anyone! ;O)


Ok, here is a good close up below (click on the pics) you can see my little pink birdie with flowers, a vintage sugar cup with an umbrella, the blue frame and a red teapot/cup ~ the top is a teapot and the bottom is a cup, my Hubby's Aunt made that, isn't it cute?! The painting above is another one I painted. The lamp was originally gold and of course that got painted white too.


Okey dokey, now we have my Shabby Chic venetian glass frame from target below with another wedding pic, love this frame it's so vintage looking, love that style. Then another one of those umbrellas, and an old pink candle votive holder, then the flowers I tied a blue bow with some pink rick rack and there is a little pink butterfly in them you can see when you click on the pic, and another birdie, and the leaf shaped pink candle holder at the end was my Grandmother's from the 50's, it has a dish to match that is on my coffee table that I loooove, it will be in another post soon. And lastly, the mirror above next to the painting is from Michaels got it real cheap, but loved it, has the beveled ruffled glass edging and I replaced the ugly bow it came with, with some pretty blue with white polka dot ribbon, much better.


So there ya go, that is the corner of my living room that I stare at all day (my couch is directly across the corner) I change things around sometimes but like it how it is decorated now. Next time I may show you the other side of my living room, and soon I will have pics of an afghan update (moving more slowly than I would like) I also hope to start on some embroidery projects I have in mind soon. I hope you enjoyed the tour and have a great day! :O)

Edit: Sorry was just rereading what I posted, I didn't mean to keep saying that I "love" this and "love" that over and over, lol, I really do though! Oh well!

15 comments:

Lea said...

Everyone should surrounds themselves with items they love!! :) go ahead and say it, girl!

That picture of you and your DH is the cutest...I really like when the photographer captures a private moment between the couple during the reception like that. It's so sweet.

Everything looks so nice. You have a home that I would be very cozy in.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful tour! I love your home :)

Anonymous said...

very shabby

Aldara said...

Wow....you LOVE white :-) I am such the opposite, I love color. Once we actually buy our own home, it will have awesome color everywhere. My mom has always had the walls white. You did such a wonderful job decorating and I love those Holy cards:-)! By the way, I read you meme...I love sub movies too "Das Boots" is one of my favorites....Gosh are we long lost sisters? I also tend to love action adventure movies lol and Star Gate:-)

Look forward to getting to know you!
Hugs
Aldara

Lori said...

Erin, I 'm so happy to meet you! Gosh you look so young, are you pulling our leg your 36?? LOL I really love the touches you've used in decorating and your paintings are beautiful! I don't know if your aware but alot of us bloggers love cats! So feel free to share kitty pics often!! Your dineing room lamp will be gorgous! You know I don't think I have one turqouise thing in my home! I guess it's because I can't even spell the word!! Come visit again, I will you! Later,Lori

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

I am so glad I visited your blog, I really like what you have done in these photos of your living room. You really pulled it all together, and the entertainment center looks great painted white!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Your home and artwork are lovely! Lots of pretty little touches! Love the colors- white, aqua and pink! :)
Michelle

Laura Bray said...

Hi! You made some comments on my stuff over on flickr and I thought I would hop over & visit you. I love your blog! I'm going to add it to my blog list. Visit me too. It seems like we have a lot of the same taste in decor etc. Glad I found you.

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

gorgeous decorations!! I tend to paint everything white too! lol. love the mirrored picture frame

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Wow, everything is very pink and white, but it is very beautiful.

kari and kijsa said...

What a cute home! Looks like you have put so much of yourself in your home! I espcially like the opening photograph.

Kari and Kijsa

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

Hi! I tagged you! I know you were just tagged,but go to my blog for details if you want to join in! :-) hugs! Britt

kari and kijsa said...

Your room is so cute! LOVE your colors....they are so retro! Thanks for posting!

blessings, kari and kijsa

Lori said...

Erin, You-hoo are you still there?????? We miss you!!! Lori

Amy said...

I "loved" the tour! I tend to say love for everything too much also. Oh well!!!!
I would feel right at home with your decorating. I think your entertainment center looks great painted white. It looks very "shabby chic" now. Mine is that fake wood stuff too. Ugh!
Amy